Silks wins MBA WA Award for Excellence
Probuild’s work to transform Crown’s old Paddy Hannan’s Irish Pub into the luxurious high end Chinese restaurant Silks involved detailed and extensive demolition, as well as new private and rooftop dining areas with high quality finishes sourced from around the world.
The restaurant includes numerous high quality finishes to add to the overall luxurious dining experience, such as:
- Imported gold leaf wall paper
- Feature lantern light fittings
- Intricate polished timber lattice to walls, ceilings and feature screens
- Imported Giallo Reale stone
- Gold plated tapware to the wash rooms
- Hand stencilled Lexan ceiling
- Custom designed artwork and sculptures developed specifically for the project
Silks was built under a full D&C contract from schematic stage, with value engineering carried out by Probuild under the design development agreement. This included detailed value engineering workshops and proposed alternative options presented to Crown for consideration.
The project was completed over five months within a 24/7 live operational environment.
Probuild’s efforts did not go unnoticed within the industry. The Silks project team was presented with a 2014 Master Builders-Bankwest Construction Excellence Award on 26 July.